Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 979 - 19 Days Post-Op

I am probably the worst patient to wear a splint! I'm eating EVERYTHING I can get my hands on as long as it's small enough to fit! Hahaha. Eating so many solids means that things are no doubt getting lodged in that splint, but right now, I don't care! I'm loving the food! In just the past three days, I've had spaghetti and meat sauce three times, several bowls of meatball soup, chili, pancakes, toast, scrambled eggs, chicken, french fries (made soggy with gravy!), etc. Holy. I may weigh MORE now than I did three weeks ago! Hahaha. I definitely bought too many Boost's and Ensure's!

So my tone should convey that I'm in good spirits, which is kind of strange considering I'm going back to the office tomorrow! Honestly, my work has been very understanding and supportive of this process. I have been working from home for the last week and a half, and never once did I hear a complaint or anything in regards to the time away from work I was taking.

I'm still swollen, but it's going down. Stitches are starting to fall out of my mouth...kinda gross, but whatever! I also shaved my goatee off. I hated that thing. It was a weird feeling to shave an area of your face that's completely numb, but I felt MUCH better after. Ugh, how did I once have a goatee for five years????

Now that the swelling is fairly minimal, I can really get a good look at the actual teeth. Wow. They line up! Left side and right side line up with each other! No gaps. However, I'm still concerned I have a crossbite. The surgical hooks between my two front and bottom teeth do line up perfectly, but I'm concerned that the hooks themselves are not QUITE in the middle of the teeth. In fact, I think the top hook is skewed a little to the left, while the bottom is skewed a little to the right, creating a crossbite. That would SUCK if this was the case, but at this point, I can't do anything about it. I'm going to ask Dr Holmes about it again this week.

I spent the weekend away from home this weekend and went to see my parents for Mother's Day. It will be the last Mother's Day before my wife becomes a Mother herself, so I figured it would be a good opportunity to see her. I also got to spend time with my brother and sister. My sister's off to university next year. Hard to believe. I feel it wasn't THAT long ago that I went off to school. But it has been 11 years. We're all getting older. It's starting to get scary.

Anyway, I promise to post the post-op pics in the next couple of days. Twenty-two days left with this splint!! Woohoo!

Take care,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment