Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kudos to the hospital staff

By the way, I wanted to mention how amazing the staff was at Mount Sinai hospital in Toronto. I had a bad experience with my overnight nurse, but aside from this, the nursing staff - on my floor, in the operating room, and in the recovery room - were are GREAT.

My anethetist, although I forget his name right now, was terrific. In my past two operations, I did not react well with the anesthetic. But for this operation, I came out very cleanly. I was not groggy, and felt little pain. He also tried to lighten my mood prior to the surgery. Admittedly, I was quite nervous, and he did a very good job at reassuring me that everything was going to be fine, and that he'd be watching me closely. I wish I remembered his name........

Finally, the surgeons themselves. Dr. Howard Holmes is the Director of Surgical Orthodontics at the University of Toronto. With him were two residents: A senior resident named Dr. Craig Humber, and a junior resident named Dr. Joel Abikhzer. I can't say enough about these guys. I'm not sure what else I can say about them except that I'm sure Joel and Craig are going to be terrific surgeons under Dr. Holmes' guidance.

My profound thanks to everyone involved, and I'll be seeing them all again soon enough (September 2010 maybe?) when the second surgery is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment