Thursday, April 30, 2009

7 days post SARPE

So, it's been a week now. Feels a little longer than that, but 7 days is 7 days.

The swelling in my face has drastically come down, but I'm left with some nice yellow bruising on my right cheek and under my right eye. I'm not sure if this was caused by the removal of the wisdom teeth or the SARPE itself. My gums are still swollen beyond belief. It looks like a series of bubbles or something up there. By the end of next week, I'm hoping this is mostly gone. Over the next few months, I'll slowly regain feeling in my jaw as my nerves were all severed during the procedure. They regenerate, but it takes some time.

I am slightly worried about a pain I've been experiencing at the back of my throat. It feels like I drank something way too hot, and it burned off a little skin in my throat. I really doubt this happened, but I have the feeling nonetheless. Of course, I'm worried about the "I" word (infection). If it persists/gets worse over the next couple of days, I'll be getting it checked out.

Not much else to report on. Activation #2 happened tonight. Went fine. No real changes in how my jaw feels. My orthodontist actually told me she was surprised that the gap was not as big as she would have thought coming out of surgery. Perhaps my teeth are eager to shift and fill in the gap given how crowded they are! I'm still positive I'll be sporting a huge gap eventually. There's no way any tooth shifting can keep up with my daily expansions.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment