Sunday, June 14, 2009

51 Activations Done, 16 To Go

I realized today that it's been just over a year since that first orthodontic consultation with Dr. Metaxas. That was fast. The best explanation I've ever heard as to why time seems to go by faster and faster as you age is because every day you live as a fraction of your total life gets smaller and smaller. Day 2 of your life must seem like an eternity because that's 50% of your whole life to date! But what's one day to someone who's lived 20,000 days? I digress.

So yes, it's been a year. I'm hopeful this will all be done by next December so that I can start 2011 off with my improved jaw!

Not much new to report. I'm now up to 51 activations (12.75mm) and have 16 (4.0mm) to go. I was wondering how I should celebrate being done activations in 16 days, but the day they're done - June 30 - is the same day Lauren and I move into our first home. I think that event overshadows everything else for that day.

I have no upcoming ortho appts until June 30. I am seeing my regular dentist this week for a cleaning and to book an appointment to remove the two bottom 4's.

I'll be sure to post some pictures soon. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment