Wednesday, June 10, 2009

....Not Even Close

Ugh. Bad day.

Just got back from the orthodontist's. After all the measurements were taken, and my teeth looked at by Dr. Roy + 2 orthodontic professors + 1 oral surgeon + 2 periodontists, I found out I still have another 4-5 mm of expansion ahead of me.

Before, I thought 12 mm of expansion was on the very high end of the spectrum. Now by the time it's all over I'll be at 16-17 mm - I'm thinking this has to be a world record! Not the kind of record I want though.

I also found out that I'm having my two bottom 4's extracted as soon as I can arrange it with my dentist. This will put me up to 6 teeth in total that have been lost.

And that's the story of how crowded this mouth of mine was. In a couple of weeks, my upper jaw will be almost 100% wider than it was when I started, and I will have lost 20% of my teeth. Crazy.

Anyways - my orthodontist will be seeing me on June 30. But all they're doing on this day is plugging the screw so that it doesn't turn backwards once I stop. This means braces will have to wait until September. I'm tentatively booked in for September 9.

Ah well - I guess it could be worse, but it certainly sucks right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment