Monday, May 4, 2009

Weight Loss

Hi again,

Just a quick post on the weight loss.

I knew I had lost some weight, but I don't have a scale, so I wasn't sure exactly how much....until this past weekend. I went home for my brother's birthday, and weighed myself on my mom and dad's scale - they have one of the electronic ones.

I have lost 25 pounds so far! But since I'm 6'7", I am heavier than the average person. So the 25 pounds of loss only accounts for about 10% of my starting weight.

There will obviously be some rebound after I start eating again, but I'm hoping to keep a good portion of it off by slowly developing into a low-impact workout regimen. I'm headed home again this weekend for my sister's confirmation, and will see what the scale says this time!

As for the eating, the softer foods are starting to go down easier and easier. Oatmeal for breakfast, and soup for lunch/dinner is basically my diet right now. Am trying mashed potatoes as well.

Today marks activation #6. I'm starting to definitely notice the growing gap. There's no "pain" when the device is activated, but I can feel the pressure being put on my teeth, which is a very uncomfortable feeling!!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. i feel your pain i just got the expander put in and it sucks ! hard as hell to eat with out even had SARPE surgery yet

    ReplyDelete