Wednesday, May 6, 2009

7 activations down, 41 to go

So today marks activation #8, which means I'll be at a full 2mm. The gap is definitely increasingly noticable.

I thought to myself, "Man, if only I had to go the 'typical' 6 or 7 mm! I'd be one-third done today!" Instead though, I'm only one-sixth done and have to wait another week until I'm at one-third. This gap is going to get up to 6x bigger!!! Ugh.

I saw the surgeon yesterday for a check-up, and he said everything was progressing nicely. My swelling is almost gone and I'm off of the painkillers (save 1 or 2 Advil's / day). The only thing left is to get some feeling back. My upper jaw is still numb.

I also had some FOOD last night. Granted, it was spaghetti cut up into some very small pieces with plain tomato sauce (allowing me to be able to swallow it with minimal chewing), but it was FOOD damnit!! I think I'm going to slowly be working pastas into my diet. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to have some more solid foods.

That's it for today. I will follow up again with this blog next week when 14 activations have been completed. I will be seeing my orthodontist next Wednesday - I will also update everyone on that appointment.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment