Monday, May 11, 2009

Note the date and the time

I noticed something with my palate today. I think I mentioned before that my palate was so narrow that I could not touch the roof of my mouth with my thumb without touching both sides of my upper jaw.

No longer!

My palate is now wide enough to accomodate my thumb. This "thumb test" is my personal litmus test to see how narrow my palate really is. So don't worry, I am not planning on becoming a thumb-sucker at 26 years old!

Today marks activation #13. So I've completed 3mm of expansion - 25% of the way there (probably a little more than 25% actually since the surgeons did some expansions in the OR during the SARPE operation). I am seeing the orthodontist on Wednesday. We're going to have a look at how things are progressing, which includes the state of my gums - the periodontist was slightly concerned before the operation. Pretty soon, we'll also have to start talking about this second appliance which will be replacing the first one eventually in order to achieve the additional expansion my jaw needs.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment