Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Picture Post #2 - Recovery

These next few shots are of me as the "chipmunk" described in an earlier post. The first picture was taken on April 29 - 6 days post-op. The last two were taken April 25, and the first picture a few days later. I apologize for the blood under my nose. If you've read this blog, you'll know that I had a hell-of-a-time with the nose bleeding. It didn't stop for about 4-5 days.







Clearly, I am swollen. Once the swelling started to recede, the bruising began. I also want to point out that all 4 of my wisdom teeth were pulled during the same operation, and so it's difficult to say how much swelling is from SARPE and how much is from the wisdom teeth. The first picture clearly shows some receding in swelling, but the bruising became much more apparent.
Also, notice how there is already a space between my teeth in pictures 2 and 3! I had not started activations on my own before this point, so this space is completely attributable to the activations done in the OR.

No comments:

Post a Comment